The notion of digital home has been around for decades. Confined by unfledged network infrastructure and the lack of interoperability among connected devices with different network technologies and standards, the digital home development however did not proceed as planned. On the rise of smart handheld devices, the idea of digital home has been replaced by smart home these days. Smart Home security Market is the major area of focus in developing a smart home environment. The competition in smart home has heat up, following Google’s acquisition of Nest Labs in January 2014 and Apple’s entrance into smart home market in June same year. This report outlines the latest development of smart homes; analyzes future trends of smart homes and major US operators’ strategic planning thereof.
List of Topics
- Overview of the current development of smart home security solutions, touching on what Intel and Google have done in the past and present
- Profiles of three mainstream smart home solution providers, namely AT&T, Comcast, and Cox, with the comparison of their service packages and pricing provided
- Highlights of what home service providers, internet service providers, home appliances providers, and service integrators have their roles played in the smart home domain
- Future trends observed in smart home market development from the perspective of telecom and broadband operators
- Companies and organizations analyzed or mentioned in the report include:
ADT, Aon, Apple, AT&T, August, Belkin, Cisco, Comcast, Cox, EcoFactor, Farglory, Google, Honeywell, iControl, Linear, Lowe’s, Megatronic Design, Nest Labs, Osram, Panasonic, Philips, Qualcomm, Samsung, SECOM, Time Warner Cable, Verison, Xanboo, Yale